Thursday, April 23, 2009

Going Somewhere Fast

Four years ago I was behind a broken windshield crashed into a telephone pole because I was drinking and driving. Three years ago I had become a Christian and realized who God is. Two years ago I was living in a tent on the side of a river with a daily habit of smoking weed. Obviously had ditched my relationship with the Creator I had previously fallen in love with. Tonight, I sit here staring at my moving belly realizing that in 3 weeks I will have a baby and my whole life will no longer be about me. 

My life is a roller coaster.

My favorite part of the roller coaster is the part where I met God. That year was the best year of my life. I think about Him a lot. But my mornings don't start off like they used to. I used to wake up and smile and feel Him with me and I'd start my day talking to Him. I won't get into the details of why my days were only like that for a year and a half. Things happen, you lose people, and the world doesn't make sense anymore. Going back to drinking and drugs made me forget the world didn't make sense. 

But here I am now, with this miracle in my belly. At first this miracle was just something I was completely freaked out about, I'm not married, I'm 24 with the maturity level of a 20-year old. I can't have a baby. But now I see this miracle as something that has made me personally grow so much. I've grown up in 8 months. But growing up makes me nervous, I have never liked grown-ups very much. They are all responsible. They don't take risks, They aren't spontaneous. They are,,, boring. I don't want to get boring. I don't think I will though. 

I'm obsessed with writing, it is who I am, it is my escape. But I haven't written in a while. Because I have forgotten who I am. I'm writing now. And I already feel better. Even though I haven't made any sort of point. I still feel better. Maybe I'll make a point next time. Maybe not.

1 comment:

  1. amazing. and, as weird as it is, i understand you completely... since our roller coasters have been on nearly the same track. lying in a ditch from drinking and driving, awesome relationship with God, no God, alcohol again,Lost, Found, and now married at 21 with a baby on the way.--- Just remember that no matter what you have been through, or what you have done, God has been there throughout it all. No matter if you realized it or not. He has a perfect plan for each and every one of us. And the miracle in your belly is going to show you that. I love you Brynn. Try and remember what you felt like when you woke up on those mornings and felt Him. He is still there, just waiting for you to see Him.

    ReplyDelete


Followers

Contributors